Monday, 14 January 2019

Consumer Advice

Tonight the turn of Elizabeth Crampton to update us on the latest consumer issues.

Energy Companies 

It’s unlikely that your supplier will go out of business. If it does, Ofgem's safety net will make sure you’ll always have an energy supply, and will feel as little change as possible.

This guide will answer some of your questions.

On Line Tax Return

You can use the online service to:
fill in and send your tax return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
go back to a tax return you’ve already started
check your details, view returns and print your tax calculation

You’ll need to register for Self Assessment again if you’ve sent a tax return in the past but you did not have to send one last year.

Parcel Deliveries

What happens if my parcel never arrives? First of all complain to the retailer - it should be able to refund you the full amount. If that doesn't work, and you've paid for even a proportion of the cost by credit card, then you could try to claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act as long as the item is worth at least £100 and under £30,000. For more information,

No comments:

Post a Comment