Monday, 10 December 2018

Consumer Advice

Tonight we were joined by Elizabeth Crampton for our regular update on current consumer issues.

Homeless people
This issue has been notable on St Peters Street recently so what is the local councils position on this?

If you're already homeless, or likely to become homeless within the next 8 weeks you can apply for help getting somewhere to live from your local council. This is known as making a homeless application.

The council will look into your situation to decide what help they might be able to give you. There isn't a set time to get a decision, but there shouldn't be an unreasonably long delay.

Before making an application you can check via the web site link below, If you're not sure, it's still worth applying because the council has to review all applications.

Wedding Insurance Policies

The kind of policy you buy, or even if you buy it at all, turns on how much you're spending on the big day and what kind of wedding you've planned.

Not every wedding is the size of an Elton John bash, so if you could easily rearrange it on your own, then wedding insurance isn't a must

However, if the financial and emotional stress of rearranging would be too much, insurance will be worth a look.

Venue cancellation and supplier failure are the two main reasons people buy wedding insurance; policies start from £19 for weddings of £3,000 and go up to £300 for £100,000 weddings.

More details on these items and much more  can be found at the web site 

No comments:

Post a Comment