Today the show took a festive turn as Lucy showed us how to bake gingerbread. These are great for kids to decorate and you can make them into any shape you like!
-spices- such as ginger and cinnamon (but you can be as creative as you like!)
1. Sift the flour and spices together and blend the mixture in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor you can blend them using a wooden spoon but this method is easier. Blend the mixture until it looks like breadcrumbs.
2. Add sugar in and stir it with a wooden spoon. Then take the eggs and the golden syrup, and add them to the mixture. Pulse it together until all the lumps are gone. The mixture should now be dough-like.
3. Knead the dough, and roll it out briefly. Wrap dough in clingfilm and leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes. Do this so the dough holds its shape when you roll it out.
4. Roll out dough and use your cutter to cut the shapes out. When you cut out each individual shape, cut around the shape and roll out the excess again to get as many biscuits from your dough as possible.
5. In order to ensure the shapes are firm, you could put the biscuits in the fridge for 10 minutes. This will make sure the shapes hold during baking.
5. Put the gingerbread in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven temperature), until the biscuits are baked through.
6. When cooled, decorate the biscuits with icing sugar and sprinkles.
To find out more about Lucy's baking, visit her website: www.heavenisacupcake.net