1. Reconfiguration of our Hospitals
Complete review of the way in which we access our health services:
- Closer to Home;
- Joined up approach;
- Access to Hospital when needed
Three Options for our hospitals:
- Centralise in new build;
- Centralise in Watford, or
- Combination of Watford and St Albans.
Evaluation based on three criteria
- Clinical Approach
- Access and Patient Experience
Recommendation is to refurbish/new build at Watford AND refurbish/expand St Albans.
Not an ideal solution (centrally located new build was generally preferred) but realistic!
Hospital solution impacts Health & Well being Hubs; Larger Hubs at main centres (Watford, St Albans, Hemel) and smaller hubs at other centres (Harpenden, Berkhamsted, etc). Improved access to diagnostics
Harpenden Hub is progressing well and should be open by mid 2019; there has been less progress on a St Albans Hub although there could actually be 2! A City Centre and a Hospital-based facility.
Not much time left now to get your flu jab; understand who’s eligible
- 65 years of age or over (born before March 31 1952
- pregnant (at any stage of the pregnancy)
- have certain medical conditions (eg Diabetes, heart problems parkinsons etc)
- very overweight
- living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill