Today Lucy told us how to make chocolate chip cookies.
-80g light brown sugar
-80g granulated sugar
-2tsp vanilla extract
- 225g plain flour
-1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
-pinch of salt
-100g white choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, or if you're using a fan oven, preheat it to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together and beat until it's light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together further until they are completely incorporated.
4. Then add the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda using a sieve, to make sure there are no lumps. Then mix everything together using a wooden spoon. Don't use a stand alone mixer because otherwise this can lead to overmixing.
5. Then add chocolate chips and the cranberries. Stir further.
6. Use a teaspoon to make small well spaced mounds on the baking tray. However, if you want to make a giant cookie, you should make one large mound.
7. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown. They should be a little soft in the middle.
8. Let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.