Today on Bake it Easy, Lucy (@heavensacupcake) talked to us about how to make scones.
350g Self Raising Flour
1⁄4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
45g Caster Sugar
175ml Semi Skimmed Milk
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1 egg, beaten (for glaze)
• Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan oven/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
• Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt with a wooden spoon. Rub the butter in finely until you get a kind of bread crumb mixture.
•Stir in the sugar and then add the milk to get a soft dough.
• Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Roll out to aprrox 2cm/3⁄4in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to cut out rounds and place onto prepared baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and cut out more scones to use it all up.
• Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
• Cool on a wire rack and serve with jam & clotted cream.