Monday, 9 November 2015

Consumer Advice

Tonight we welcomed Elizabeth Crampton from the Citizens Advice Bureau onto the show to update with the latest issues in consumer advice.

If you have a serious physical or mental health condition and you need ongoing care, the NHS may be responsible for providing it free of charge.

This is known as NHS continuing healthcare, and can include a place in a care home or a care package to help you continue living in your home.

Even if you are not eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, you may still be able to get some help with your nursing care free of charge. This is known as NHS-funded nursing care.

You can find information about NHS continuing care and NHS-funded nursing care on the Age UK website at:.

Having your Will written professionally can give you great peace of mind. Each November, you can use a local solicitor who has signed up to Will Aid and you can enjoy the added feel-good factor of supporting nine leading UK charities. Instead of paying your solicitor’s fee, you will be invited to make a donation to charity. The suggested voluntary donation is £95 for a basic Will or £150 for a pair of basic mirror Wills.

More details on these subjects and more consumer advice is at the web site

No comments:

Post a Comment