Penny gave us some quick tips on saving money on holidaying in the UK:
- When choosing between a self catering holiday or full board option don't assume self catering will be cheaper. Hotels offering buffets can be better value.
- If self catering, do your supermarket shop before you leave.
- Look out for money-off deals in the chain restaurants such as Pizza Express, Zizzi etc.
- Research your destination before you go. Free attractions such as national parks and beaches will keep holiday expenses to a minimum. Local radio and press are great sources to discover free local events.
- Vouchers! don't forget to take money off vouchers with you. Tourist Information centres will have plenty of leaflets with money off deals included. It is often cheaper to get the tourist information centre to book an attraction for you. Or check attraction entry prices online - its often better value.
- Consider buying an annual pass eg National Trust or Merlin. If you're visiting several attraction in a year, it will definitely be cheaper.
- Keep a small folder to file your vouchers in. It will ensure you're organised.
- Double check the voucher is in date before leaving.
- Check your supermarket receipts for money off fuel deals.
- Tesco clubcard vouchers regularly give you the opportunity to boost their value online to use with one of their retail partners.
For more tips and advice go to penny's website: www.beingmrsc.com
Follow her on twitter: @beingmrsc
You an also watch Penny on youtube: beingmrsc