My motto has always been ‘never trust a skinny cook!' I do like to share recipes that I know work for me. They are not necessarily of my invention – but I will always give you the origin and maybe the story behind them! These recipes are relatively easy to make – hence the title, Faff-Free Cooking.
So, today’s treat is ….... Apple Crumble Bars
75g butter or margarine75g light soft brown sugar
175g plain flour
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons light soft brown sugar
2 large cooking apples, peeled and chopped into neat pieces
Pinch of cinnamon
- Sift flour and salt and rub in butter or margarine until the mixture is like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the light soft brown sugar.
- Spread the mixture in a greased shallow baking tin that measures 18cm square and press down lightly.
- For the topping – cover the mixture in the tin with the chopped apple.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top and dot with
- Bake at 200C/Gas 6 for 35 – 40 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Whilst still warm, cut into 9 squares.