My motto has always been ‘never trust a skinny cook!' I do like to share recipes that I know work for me. They are not necessarily of my invention – but I will always give you the origin and maybe the story behind them! These recipes are relatively easy to make – hence the title, Faff-Free Cooking.
So, today’s treat is ….... Easy Chocolate Ginger Cookies
Great for a mid afternoon pick-me-up!
125g butter or margarine
100g caster sugar
75g soft brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
100g dark chocolate, chopped
3 ‘globes’ of preserved stem ginger in syrup, chopped
- Gently melt the butter or margarine in a small pan.
- Put both sugars in a mixing bowl and pour in the
melted butter or margarine and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into the bowl and stir in.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and ginger. The
mixture will be quite loose.
- Dot heaped dessert-spoonfuls of the mixture on to 2
baking sheets covered with baking parchment leaving a good 4cm between
them as they spread out.
- Bake on a pre heated oven at 190C/Gas 5 for 10 mins
until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets
for a couple of mins to firm
up and then cool on a wire rack.