My motto has always been ‘never trust a skinny cook!' I do like to share recipes that I know work for me. They are not necessarily of my invention – but I will always give you the origin and maybe the story behind them! These recipes are relatively easy to make – hence the title, Faff-Free Cooking.
So, today’s treat is ….... Extremely Peanutty Cookies
Oh boy! These are sooo good.....
80g butter or margarine
30g peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
100g caster sugar
75g soft brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
100g chopped salted peanuts
Grated zest of ½ orange
- Gently melt the butter or margarine and peanut butter
in a small pan.
- Put both sugars in a mixing bowl and pour in the melted
butters and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in the egg and orange zest.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into the bowl and stir in.
- Add the chopped peanuts. The mixture will be quite
- Dot heaped dessert-spoonfuls of the mixture on to 2
baking sheets covered with baking parchment leaving a good 4cm between
them as they spread out.
- Bake on a pre heated oven at 190C/Gas 5 for 10 mins
until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheets for
a couple of mins to firm
up and then cool on a wire rack.