My motto has always been ‘never trust a skinny cook!' I do like to share recipes that I know work for me. They are not necessarily of my invention – but I will always give you the origin and maybe the story behind them! These recipes are relatively easy to make – hence the title, Faff-Free Cooking
So todays treat is …. – Muesli Flapjacks – nice and easy to make with the kids on summer hols!
1 tbsp golden syrup
150g Demerara sugar
75g Porridge oats
Handful of sultanas or other dried fruit or nuts – up to you!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and grease and bottom line a 25cm x 20cm shallow baking tin.
- In a large saucepan, heat together the butter, golden syrup and sugar until it is just melted and the sugar still feels grainy in the pan
- Take the pan off the heat and pour in the muesli, oats and fruit/nuts. Mix well together.
- Put the mixture in the prepared baking tray and spread evenly and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 mins. When baked, run a knife around the edge of the flapjack to release it.
- After 5 mins, mark into 12 squares. Leave in the tin until nearly cool and then cut into pieces and continue to cool on a wire rack.