Monthly Recipe Spot – Easter Chocolate Nests - Faff-Free Cooking with Jackie Johnson
My motto has always been ‘never trust a skinny cook!' I do like to share recipes that I know work for me. They are not necessarily of my invention – but I will always give you the origin and maybe the story behind them! These recipes are relatively easy to make – hence the title, Faff-Free Cooking.'
So todays treat is …. Easter Chocolate Nests – great for making with the kids!
50g unsalted butter
100g plain chocolate – broken into pieces
4 tablespoons golden syrup
100g bag of mini chocolate eggs
- Take a medium saucepan and gently melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup together. Do not overheat the mixture
- Take off the heat and stir in the cornflakes until the chocolate mixture has covered all the cornflakes.
- Take ten muffin cases and spoon the mixture into each of them, pressing down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Decorate by placing 2 or 3 mini eggs in the centre of each chocolate nest.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours.
Lovely and easy to make for Easter and very moreish too!